This recipe is located on the back of the Swans Down Cake Flour box but can also be found here http://www.prestoflour.com/Portals/TheArtOfBaking/portal.aspx?tabid=14&rid=507
I really enjoyed this cake though it did have more of an almond flavor than I anticipated. When I make this again I think I would try only using vanilla to see how that would taste.
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of cake flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour your cake pan or line muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and gradually add the sugar. Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one a time. Beat well after each addition.
- In a different bowl sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and flavorings to the creamed butter mixture.Beat after each addition until smooth.
- Pour the batter in the cake/muffin pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Less depending on your cake/muffin size.
- Cool in the pans for ten minutes. Remove from the pans and finish cooling on a rack.