I had some bananas that were in need of being used up. So I found this recipe here
- 1 stick of butter, at room temperature, plus more to grease the pan
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, plus more for the pan
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cup of chopped pecans (I used walnuts)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9 by 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bow, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, mash the bananas with a wooden spoon.
- In another large bowl, use a stand mixer to cream the 1/2 cup of butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time.
- Then stir in the mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and gently stir in the nuts. Pour the batter into the pan and put on a sheet tray.
- Bake for one hour and 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then take it out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.