- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 10 inch spring form pan.
- To make the cake beat the shortening and the sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the mixer. Continue mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- To make the topping in a bowl combine the flour and the sugar.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the almond extract.
- Sprinkle over the blueberries.
- Place the spring form pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.