I found this recipe in the July 7,2009 issue of Woman's Day. It can also be found here. I served this cheesecake at a recent pool party that I hosted. I thought it was a great dessert for summer!
- 10 shortbread cookies (I used Keebler Sandies Simply Shortbread)
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 bricks (8 oz each) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1?2 cup of sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of grated lime zest
- 1?3 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 drop of liquid green food color (optional)
- 1?4 cup of sugar
- 1 1?2 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 cups of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
1.Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray an 8 x 3-inch springform pan with cooking spray. (I used the cooking spray as the recipe called for but wished I had used Crisco/parchment paper.
2. Crust: Put the cookies in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Add the butter; pulse to blend. Press the cookie crumbs onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake the crust for10 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.
3. Filling: In large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream. Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes until it is smooth, scraping down sides of bowl and beater once or twice. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until blended. Finally beat in the remaining ingredients just until smooth and creamy; pour over crust.
4. Bake the cheesecake for 60 minutes or until the cake is almost set and the center still jiggles slightly when touched. Remove it to a rack; cut around the outside edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the sides. Cool the cheesecake on a rack for 3 hours (the cake will sink as it cools). Cover and refrigerate the cheesecake up to several days.
5. Topping: In a small saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch and water until blended. Add 1 cup of blueberries; mash the berries well with a potato masher. Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Stir in the lime juice and another 1?2 cup of blueberries. Spread on top of cheesecake; top the cheesecake with the remaining 11?2 cups of blueberries. Refrigerate until serving.