Way back before we had children we loved to go to Sonny's. I loved their Brunswick Stew. I have not had their Brunswick Stew in years, but this recipe really reminded me of Sonny's.
My husband found the recipe here.
- Whole bbq chicken or roasted chicken shredded (We used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, though my husband did consider smoking one)
- 1-2 pounds of bbq pork shredded (my husband smoked the pork himself)
- 1 pound ground beef (We used a chuck steak, which my husband ground himself)
- 3 small cans of diced tomoatoes
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 24 ounces of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1/2 bottle of spicy/hot bbq sauce (I used Sonny's Sizzlin' bbq sauce)
- 1 can/box of sweet corn (We jused a bag of frozen corn)
- 1 box of frozen sweet peas (We used a bag of frozen sweet peas)
- Put all of the ingredients except for the peas and corn into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and then cook on low for at least 1-2 hours.
- After the stew has cooked add in the peas and corns. (You can use carrots as well).
- Continue cooking the stew until the peas and corn are soft.