This recipe can be found here.
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
- 1/2 cup of (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the wrappers from candies.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar, egg and the vanilla in a large bowl until it is well blended.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll the dough in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven and cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Press a candy piece into center of each cookie.
- Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet to a wire rack and cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.