I had some leftover coconut from a recipe that I tried at dinner tonight. I wanted to use it up so I decided to try this recipe http://www.deliciousmeliscious.com/2009/02/chewy-coconut-cookies.html
These cookies are so delicious. They just came out of the oven and I have already eaten two!
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups of flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl - combine the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until smooth.
- Next beat in the egg and vanilla until it is light and fluffy.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture. Finally add in the coconut.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Place the dough about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.