Years ago I tried chicken nachos at Miller's Ale House and have loved them ever since. Today I had some leftover chicken as I made this yesterday. I made some salsa today. So I decided to attempt to use all of those things to make some chicken nachos. I found this recipe and tweaked it.
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 1/4 cups of shredded chicken
- 4 1/2 teaspoons of lime juice
- Bag of tortilla chips
- 8 ounces of Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put olive oil in a skillet and saute the garlic, cumin, and oregano for three minutes.
- Then combine the chicken, lime juice, pepper, and the garlic mixture.
- Next in a greased 13 x 9 pan place a layer of tortilla chips, then the chicken, salsa, and cheese.
- Repeat one more time.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with sour cream.