My friends wanted a chocolate cheesecake for Christmas. This is what I came up with. The crust is from this recipe. The cheesecake is from this recipe.
- 4 (1 ounce squares) of unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 12 squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate that has been finely chopped
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small pan over low heat melt the chocolate and the butter. (I chop the chocolate and butter into small pieces so that it melts faster) Stir until melted and combined.
- Next add 1-1/2 cups of sugar and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and add the 2 eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Then add the milk and the vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the flour and salt. Gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing after each addition just until blended. Spread evenly into greased and floured 9-inch spring form pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined.
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Bake the cheesecake on a baking sheet at 325 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife round edge of pan to loosen. Cool one hour longer.Place in fridge.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl to make the topping.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Pour over the chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Cool slightly and then pour on top of the cheesecake. Cover and chill overnight. Remove sides of pan.