The original version of this recipe can be found here.
It is hard to improve an already really good recipe, but I think that this one has been improved!
The first time that I made Easy Banana Bread my husband asked me what does it need (even though it was awesome). I immediately said sugar on the top and bottom. That was exactly what he was thinking. So this time when I made this bread I coated the loaf pan with sugar and I also sprinkled some on top before baking! It came out awesome!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip Dressing
- 1-1/3 cups mashed fully ripe bananas (I used 3 bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar an additional 3 tablespoons for coating the top of the bread. I also used a little bit of sugar when I greased the pan.
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (I did not have any but the bread was still amazing)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the loaf pan with shortening. Sprinkle some flour and sugar in the pan. Shake around until well coated. Dump out the extra.
- Beat the egg, the miracle whip, and the bananas in a large bowl with a whisk until it is well blended.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in another bowl.
- Add this mixture to the banana mixture.Stir until just moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of sugar on top of the bread.
- Bake the bread for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove from the pan to a wire rack and cool completely.