I made these cupcakes for fun. I had a new tip that I wanted to try. I used Wilton sprinkles to decorate the cupcakes. The icing recipe can be found on most Wilton cake pans and also here
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of conf. sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- In large bowl, cream the shortening and butter with an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl often.
- Add the milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.