I found this recipe here. This is so easy. I have made it twice now. It is a huge hit with my 3 boys. They come back for seconds and thirds with this chicken.
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 (4-pound) whole roasting chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Next remove the giblets and excess fat from the cavity of the chicken. Dry the chicken thoroughly with paper towels. Season the chicken and chicken cavity with the spice mixture. Stuff the cavity with the lemon.
- Set a 6-qt Instant PotŪ to the high saute setting. Add the canola oil and chicken, breast side down, and cook until evenly golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 4 minutes; set aside.
- Place the metal trivet into the pot and add the chicken stock. Gently place the chicken on top of the trivet. Select the manual setting and adjust the pressure to high. Set the time for 28 minutes. When it is finished cooking, naturally release pressure according to manufacturer?s directions, about 20-30 minutes. Let rest 10-15 minutes. Remove with tongs and enjoy!