A friend of mine asked me to make Mexican Wedding Cookies for her. I found the recipe here. This cookie reminded me of a cookie my mom always made growing up - Delectabites.
- 1 Cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup of confectioner's sugar, plus more to roll the cookies in
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Cup of pecans chopped into very small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar at low speed until it is smooth.
- Then beat in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour at a low speed.
- Next mix in the pecans with a spatula.
- Put flour on your hands and take about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Put the balls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When the cookies are cool enough to handle but still warm, roll in additional confectioners' sugar.
- Finally, cool on wire racks.