I saw this recipe on Pinterest and had to try it. I am not sure if it was the mint extract I used, but this tasted like spearmint chewing gum. I didn't care for it. The original recipe can be found here.
- 3 1/4 cups of white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 can (14 ounces)of sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 teaspoons of mint extract (not peppermint)
- Green food coloring
- 3/4 cups of mini chocolate chips, divided
- Line an 8x8 square pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute. Let it rest for 1 minute and then check to see if it is all melted. If needed microwave for another 30-45 seconds. Stir the chocolate until it is smooth.
- Then stir in the sweetened condensed milk and mint extract.
- Next add the food coloring to desired color. Once completely incorporated, let it cool for a few minutes. (If you don't your chocolate chips will melt) Then fold in a 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Press the fudge into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining mini chocolate chips on top and gently press into fudge.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to set before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!