I found this recipe here. If I were to make this again I would use less peppermint extract and not crush up the candy canes as much. This was an easy ice cream recipe to make as you did not need to cook anything.
- 3 cups of cold heavy cream
- 1 cup of cold whole milk
- 1 cup of super-fine sugar (Just put regular sugar into a food processor to get it super fine)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 4-5 drops of red food coloring
- 1/2 cup of crushed peppermint candy, about four candy canes
- Whisk the cream, milk, sugar, peppermint extract, food coloring, and peppermint candy together in a large bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour into the frozen bowl of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the directions of your ice cream maker.
- It usually takes about 20 minutes. The ice cream will be soft.
- Pour into a large freezer proof container. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until solid 2-3 hours. (I found that mine took longer to freeze solid.)