So I had some M&M's that I wanted to use and found this recipe here. These cookies would be perfect for any holiday with colors matching the theme.
- 1 1/2 cups of M&M's
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the sugars, eggs, shortening, and vanilla until creamy.
- Next add the flour, salt, and baking soda to the creamed mixture and blend well.
- Then add 3/4 of the M&M candies.
- I used a cookie dough scooper and placed them onto cookie sheets. Or you can use a teaspoon to measure out the dough. Then place a few candies on top of each ball of dough.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.