Article: Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
Categories: Main Entree | Food
Description: A new way to cook pork chops
- sprinkle the pork chops with the pepper.
- in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the pork chops over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- remove the pork chops from the pan and keep warm.
- add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and worcestershire sauce to the skillet. stir to loosen the bits on the bottom of the pan.
- bring to a boil.
- combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. stir into the skillet.
- return the pork chops to the pan.
- reduce the heat. cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- 1 package of boneless pork chops
- 3/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
this recipe comes from page taste of home simple & delicious may/june 2008 issue page 15ingredients