I loved these cookies. I did not have any macadamia nuts to add, but wish that I did. These cookies reminded me of the Otis Spunkmyer cookies I used to eat in high school. The recipe can be found here.
- 1 2/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 lage egg
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) of Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels
- 1 cup of flaked coconut, toasted if desired
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Next combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Then beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in a larger mixer bowl until cream.
- Next beat in the egg.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the morsels, coconut, and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes and then move to wire racks to cool completely.